Thursday, January 19, 2006

Planet Zero

I wondered into this interesting Japanese arcade/game museum/juice bar today. I had heard about this place and its location, and not knowing where the intersection was, I somehow found myself in the area, noticing the street names on the way back from a bookstore, and there it was: Planet Zero. I think it might have said "Planet Zero Anime Center" or something like that. Anyway, it's really just an arcade (where you pay money to charge your swipe card to play) that has all Japanese games and video game themed merchandise. The girl who works there tracked me down and gave me all the general info and told me about the tournaments and stuff. Lots of loud noises and flashing lights, so I didn't last long in there. I did get these snazzy snapshots, though. These are exhibit display pieces encased in wall-mounted plastic bubbles. Please excuse the crappy cell phone quality.
Neo-Geo was one of the best home systems of its time - especially if you liked fighting games.

The classic Sega Master System


A selection of Japanese games. That yellow cartridge at the top is Super Mario Bros. and it comes with character keychains.

The Super Famicom a.k.a. the Japanese Super Nintendo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter