Saturday, May 21, 2005

Update

Alright. Again, I've had family in town and again I've neglected this little corner of cyberspace for well over a week. Since I know everyone is eager for an update, one even going so far as to leave a scathing voice mail message demanding a review of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, I thought I'd post my thoughts on the film today. So, here it is:

I liked it.

Yeah, the dialogue was still painful and clunky in spots - especially the lines between Anakin and Padmé, but it was a more solid film and felt more like an authentic Star Wars episode than the previous two. Unlike the first trilogy, these movies have progressively gotten better.

Okay, then. At the risk of getting all "Leonard Maltin" on everyone, there you have it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, michael and i liked it as well. we liked it so much we've seen it twice already. the cheesiest part that stood out was darth vader's "NOOOOOO" after hearing that padme died. it was frankenstein-esque, as michael said.
g

Sunday, May 22, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Yeah, the Vader scene was straight out of Frankenstein. But knowing Lucas, it's more of an homage. Also, did you hear the Tarzan cry as the wookie swings onto the droid landing craft?

Hey, I missed the Millennium Falcon. Where was it? Who'd be piloting it? Han or Lando??

Sunday, May 22, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Oh, and screw you and your DLP projectors, Alan.

Get this, we went to see Hitchhiker's. The damn side channels in the theater were out. I complained and I sent Katrina out there to complain so it'd look like more than one person was upset, but it did no good. The kid said he'd tell the projectionist, but I guess there was a technical problem. Either that or the kid did nothing.

Sunday, May 22, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Also, Chewbacca must have been in the Wookie military to be hanging around with Yoda. I read that the empire enslaved the Wookies after Yoda discovered his ife was in danger and fled the clone troopers who were about to execute "Order Sixty-Six" on his ass.

Sunday, May 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter