Saturday, September 24, 2005

Whoosh!

Okay, here’s a riddle:

You’re taking a nice Sunday morning stroll with the actor, Michael Caine, star of such fine films as Get Carter, The Cider House Rules and Batman Begins, and what with his fragile age, he begins to lag behind a bit. With a reverent tone in your voice deserved by an actor of his prominence and respect, you say to him, “Hurry, Michael!”

He says to you, “Son, I will only oblige if you address me by my last name and my last name only.”

What do you say?


After all the hullabaloo over Houston’s certain demise in the wake of hurricane Rita, it turned out to be little more that a robust wind storm. That doesn’t mean they had an easy time of it in Port Arthur and Lake Charles near the Texas/Louisiana border. There was also a fire on Galveston island that destroyed a few buildings in the historical “Strand” district. I think the real story this week is the botched evacuation (or “exodus” if you watch Fox News) of Houston and low-lying coastal towns in Texas. One overheated bus carrying senior citizens away from Galveston caught fire on the expressway and caused their oxygen tanks to explode killing many of them. Twenty-four, last I heard. But as 2.5 million fleeing Texans will tell you, “better safe than sorry.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you really walking with Michael err... Mr. Caine?

Saturday, September 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Move yer ass Caine!"

Saturday, September 24, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

I never said I was walking with Mr. Caine. I meant to imply it's 'if' you were walking with him.

Saturday, September 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So no one's guessed this one correctly yet?

"Hurry, Caine!"

Get it? Though I like "move yer ass" better. :)

Thursday, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter