Saturday, March 18, 2006

**updated** Odds, Ends and Random Tidbits

As I type this, I'm about to drink a concoction of a powdered antibiotic prescribed to me by my doctor for pneumonia. What worries me is that I'm at work and he said this will make me feel nauseated, but whatever I do, DO NOT throw up because this stuff costs about $120.00 per dose, and this is a one-dose deal. Since my insurance doesn't kick in until May, he gave this one to me for free, but I need to keep it down.

Well, here goes...

Mmm, cherry-banana. Actually, that could have been worse. The true trial begins after I drink the second half (I'm supposed to drink half, wait thirty minutes, and finish it).

I'll update this post later...

*Update*

Well, here I am about two hours later, and the nausea is in full swing. The doctor ordered me to eat before taking the medicine to, I would presume, lessen the shock the Zmax would have on my digestive system. Absorb it, if you will.

Information on the antibiotic can be found online, and all other directions say to take it on an empty stomach. I took mine approximately 47 seconds after finishing a plate of Mexican food prepared for the employees at this hotel with all the love and care you might expect of Mexican food prepared for the employees of a hotel. Now, my digestive system is in heated labor disputes with every other system in my body, and will not even acknowledge the presence of food, nor drug. A rummy situation, what with the $120.00 payload of antibiotics begging to get its foot in the door. Recognizing the potentially devestating outcome of this development, I sent in a glass of Sprite, normally a choiceworthy mediator, to try and settle things and at least promote discussion between the interested parties, but the old guts n' gizzards aren't having any of it. My stomach pretty much sent the Sprite a barely legible fax telling it to simply take its place in the queue.

And thus the standoff begins.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did it all turn out? This is an epic battle to be sure but I'm betting the sprite swooped in like a fizzy Henery Kissinger and smoothed out the dispute before it boiled over.

Monday, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter