Thursday, June 16, 2005

The nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, tiny demons playing evil games in your sinuses so you can rest medicine.


Today, I have the head cold to end all head colds. No longer is it the simple sore throat I had the nerve to complain about yesterday. I now feel like my head is a balloon being pumped full of a viscous green fluid that...well, never mind. Suffice to say I feel like Nathan Lane from this old NyQuil commercial from the early 90's I came across while watching one of my old MST3k tapes. Click on the picture.



I also found one of these commercials for the Encyclopedia Britannica (or as Britannica spells it, Encyclopædia Britannica) on the very same VHS tape. I remember these well. I know I wanted to slap this kid so hard in the face as to leave red finger-shaped welts on his cheek. Actually, that might just be my current state of mind talking. Still, click on this picture - if you dare.


Britannica Boy

See, this new millennium’s not looking so bad after all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

Are those really Z. Cavariccis? I think Z. Cavariccis had the label on the zipper, thus attracting attention to the crotchal area. And they ballooned way out like general Patton's pants.

But as for the books, I think an ad campaign of this size for an encylopedia would have been unusual. They knew there was an new electronic age on the horizon. They needed to sell as many of these damn things as fast as possible.

And as for this kid, surely he rose from the pits of hell. The red shirt, anyone?? He was a demon.

Thursday, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

By the way, the new 2005 Encyclopaedia Britannica? $1,500.00 dollars. Comes with a CD-ROM suppliment and other various reference guides.

Thursday, June 16, 2005  
Blogger strunny said...

i just like the catchy "nighttime sniffling....so you can rest medicine"

Friday, June 17, 2005  
Blogger andrew m. said...

what's thickest volume in that set, M? R? S? whatever it is, i'd like to slap the fuck out of that little twat with it. i hope his next report is on radical facial reconstructive surgery, cause he's gonna need it after i'm done with him. thanks for helping me re-visit a moment from my youth i hoped would stay burried forever.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Well put. He's gonna REALLY wonder where his mandibula WENT.

Thursday, July 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter