Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Swayze Kind of Evening

Rowdy Herrington's 1989 classic, Road House, was on TV tonight. Rather than attempting to view this masterpiece on basic cable, I went to the DVD shelf and pulled out my copy to show Katrina what a marvelous piece of filmmaking it is. Having never seen it herself, I felt obligated to show her this movie so she can continue her development into a perfectly well-rounded human being; to help her achieve a new level of personal completeness. So far, I think it's working. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do. Trust me, If hearing Dalton (Patrick Swayze) tell his rag-tag group of bouncers at the raucous Double Deuce that "it's my way or the highway" doesn't send shivers of fear tinged with a hetero sort of excitement up your spine, then I'm sorry for you, my friends. I truly am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it's been a while since i read your site. i guess since ate's not calling me as much nowadays, i'll just get my updates from here assuming you're writing daily.

g

Thursday, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Your ate called you yesterday. In fact, she's always on the phone with you.

Friday, July 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not as much as when she was in bama.
g

Friday, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter