Thursday, August 11, 2005

Shelving Crisis

As any collector of anything is aware, shelving and storage space can often be at a premium. My collection is mostly of CD's, games, some old VHS and DVD's, and I'm still running up against a wall - literally.


I know, it might not be so bad if I didn't have all those old VHS tapes. Well, I've already slaughtered that horse, now I have to sleep in it, so to speak.


This is just about all my CD's and DVD's. There's a few more spread about the place here and there. But where to put them?



I used to keep my CD's here, but I've way outgrown it. I know I could still use it for other things; but the problem is, I hate bleeding over from one shelving unit to another with a single format. Be it CD, DVD or whatever; it's just a picky thing I'm trying to avoid. Another problem is that the wire shelves can leave little grooves along the bottom of my cardboard DVD or CD sleeves. It's just an annoying thought to me, that's all. I could buy yet another large shelving unit, but I have no more room. I mean, there is that one corner in the kitchen, but... never mind. I guess I just need a house.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sad part about this is that I can actually tell what types of media all that stuff is just by looking at the packaging. Oh, and also because my collection is pretty horrendous as well.

Owning ten video game systems will do that to you.

Friday, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Yes, but can you tell what each individual CD, DVD or game they are?

10 systems? I'm working with about seven or eight, and I thought THAT was bad.

Friday, August 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genesis, NES, SNES, PS2, XBOX, Dreamcast, 2600, gameboy, gamegear, and (sigh) virtual boy.

Friday, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS2, GC, GBA, Nintendo DS.

Friday, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Also, the PS2 and GBA have 2 built in to one, so that kinda makes 10.

Friday, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter