Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Giant Sea Squid Photograph: GET!


Okay, so the Japanese finally photographed the legendary sea-monster squid creature of ancient myth and lore. This one's about as long as an extended Chevy van, or a little longer than a '78 Buick. I'm not a scientist, so please excuse my archaic units of measurement. I guess they tried to reel it in, too, but it got away... well, minus one squid-arm, that is. They still seemed pleased as punch to be able to pull up one of his enormous tentacles. What is it with the Japanese and tentacles, anyway. I remember when I used to work at an Italian restaurant in the summer of 1995, and I used to prep calamari for deep-frying. Once there was this one squid that was, like, a couple inches longer than the others. Yeah, that was pretty cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try dippin' that bad boy into some marinara. Mmm...mythical calamari .

Thursday, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chicago Size Calamari"

Thursday, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter