Sunday, September 25, 2005

On A Side Note

I'd like to point out a couple of links I found on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 info club site, Mst3k.com.

First is a recent list of the top 50 cable television programs of all time. These were compiled by Cableworld.com. MST3k landed at number 49. I know I'm a fan and everything, but I think it still needs to come before Wrestlemania (WWF), Emeril Live and The Real World. It even got beat by The O.J. Simpson Trial. But, hey - it still fared better than C-SPAN's Booknotes.

Secondly, the fine individuals at Boston.com, an arts & entertainment site by the Boston Globe, did a list of the top fifty sci-fi television shows of all time, and placed MST3k in the top 10 at number 9! It was edged out by Dr. Who by one spot. I like to think of that as more of a tie. They both beat Xena: Warrior Princess, but neither one was better than Stargate SG-1, apparently. But a top ten mention for a low budget show from Eden Prarie, Minnesota is a pretty impressive thing.

Click here for the classic intro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter