Saturday, October 08, 2005

Getting Cooler

It's finally beginning to get a little cooler here in Houston. Today's high was only around 80º, and according to weather.com, it's currently a cool and comfortable 64º. Since it's fall, I'm feeling particularly homesick for the Midwest. Autumn has always been my favorite. There's nothing like an overcast 60º day in October with the leaves beginning to change. It invokes that pensive sort of melancholy. A similar thing can happen down here, but it lacks the splendor of fall in Indiana.

Katrina is currently karaoke'ing with some co-workers for a "girls night out." Here am I left to my own (electronic) devices. Yes, I got a few more classic video games for the collection, today. Namely, Shadowgate for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Metroid and StarFox for the Super Nintendo. I swear to God, if you were to hang out with me for a week, you'd swear you died and woke up in 1994. You'd probably try to ask me why I insist on living in the past; but you'd never finish your question before I'd plug my ears with my fingers, close my eyes and loudly begin singing "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden. Don't try to save me.

Recent (and semi-recent) classic game related acquisitions:


Jim Henson's Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival (NES)

-A used Sega Dreamcast with two controllers and a VMU memory card!
-Shenmue (Sega Dreamcast)
-Expendable
(Sega Dreamcast)
-Virtua Tennis (Sega Dreamcast)
-Dynamite Cop! (Sega Dreamcast)
-Galaga (NES)
-Shadowgate
(NES)
-Jim Henson's Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival (NES)
-Super Metroid (SNES)
-NBA Jam
(SNES)
-Super Empire Strikes Back
(SNES)
-StarFox (SNES)
-Donky Kong Country (SNES)
-Capcom Classics Collection (PS2)
-Sega Classics Collection (PS2)

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Freakin' sweet! I remember that muppet game. Wasn't there a bumper car level? I think that was my favorite.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the sega classics collection sort of a remakes and updates type of deal with better graphics?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Yes, Matthew. There's also a canoeing level that's somewhat annoying.

And the Sega collection is kind of crappy. I don't really care for the stupid polygon treatment and updates to some of those games. I got it used.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that I'm opposed to a new 3d version of golden axe, but i prefer my dwarves in 2d, thank you very much.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter