Saturday, November 19, 2005

I'm Alright


Here he is - the man; the myth; the beard...

Kenny Loggins!!

Actually, this picture is from a couple weeks ago when we worked a charity event at the Hyatt which featured Kenny Loggins. This was taken (not by me) from about sixty feet away, so the picture isn't exactly Mapplethorpe quality - okay, maybe that's not the best example.

As for his performance, I was actually quite impressed. His band was awesome and he still has his pipes. He played all of his big hits including "I'm Alright," "Danger Zone," "Footloose," "Return to Pooh Corner," the Loggins and Michael McDonald tune, "This is It," and even the Loggins and Messina hit, "Danny's Song" which features the verse:

Love the girl who holds the world in a paper cup
Drink it up, love her and she'll bring you luck
And if you find she helps your mind, better take her home
Don't you live alone, try to earn what lovers own

And even though we ain't got money
I'm so in love with ya, honey
And everything will bring a chain of love
And in the mornin' when I rise
You bring a tear of joy to my eyes
And tell me, everything is gonna be alright

Goddamn it, now I'm crying. I told myself I wouldn't do this.

Cheesy lyrics aside, great tune. And judging by... oh, I don't know, the way he trims his goatee I guess, he seems like a cool guy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow the songs "Danger Zone" and "Return to Pooh Corner" seem ill fitted for the same set.

Heh heh. "Pooh."

Sunday, November 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i remember that song from when i was a kid. see you guys tomorrow.

g

Tuesday, November 22, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

I told all of my co-workers he never played "Danger Zone" anymore due to the song's connection with the movie "Top Gun," and his new anti-gun stance. I had to eat my words when I saw our Technical Director testing the "Top Gun" footage on the video screens to be played during the song. I thought maybe he'd change the words to:

"highway to the.... GUN CONTROL!!!"

Didn't happen.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

And I'll have the Roger Waters CD in tow, Alan.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter