Sunday, December 11, 2005

Salvation Army Salvage

A recent trip to the local Salvation Army to donate some clothes before our move to a new apartment yielded an awesome find for me; a Mitsubishi!

VCR!

Not just any VCR, but an S-VHS VCR. It's a higher-end, slightly more professional machine with S-Video outputs which are more useful in this digital age than regular old composite outputs. Also, one of my two old VCRs had developed a weak stomach, in that it can't seem to keep anything down. Well, certain Sony tapes, anyway. Like many weak stomachs, it may have an aversion to Japanese. And though it's still an analog format, the HS-U780 will come in handy when digitizing VHS tapes for burning to DVD. Oh, and the VCR was only $16.00 and it works like a charm. Not bad since I found the same model (minus controller just like mine) sold for $105.00 on eBay last month!

Our trip to the S.A. thrift store also yielded these neat pictures.


Check out the mind-numbing array of switches on this Baldwin organ.



This piano looks really old. Notice there are no pedals. The bench is equally ornate.



I came this close to buying this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

My TV has component inputs, but alas, I have no VHS machine to plug into them. Just my DVD player.

Sunday, December 11, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Ah, I see I accidentally typed "component" instead of "composite." Fixed. I got the first four letter right. Good eye.

Sunday, December 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That "art" triggered scary thoughts of late '60s-early '70s swinging that was popular with the follically overendowed men and the free-lovin' ladies that graced the pages of the earliest editions of The Joy of Sex. Eww. And, yes, I am aware that "follically" is not a word.

Thanks for letting me know about the Blog of the Day thing. :)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter