Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back to Minute Maid

Tonight and tomorrow, we're going back to Minute Maid Park to see the Cubs take on the Houston team for what may very well be the last meaningful series for the Chicago. The Cubs are quickly running out of time in the NL wild card race.

I've always liked going to games since my dad took me to see the White Sox play the Twins back in 1983. That was not only my first game, but it yielded the only souvenir baseball I've ever had. My dad's friend, Arnie, caught a Luzinski home run and my dad scrambled and picked up Ron Kittle ball, cutting his arm, in the same inning.

Lately, I've taken to keeping score on a scorecard. It seems like only really old people do that at ballgames, but it's kind of fun and it keeps your head in the game and makes it more interesting. And if you're not guzzling beer and being an idiot like a lot of people do, staying interested can be a chore in some games.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, go see crash in the movie theatre. like ate said of wedding crashers, "it will change your life." go cubbies!
g

Tuesday, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

whaaa?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now I understand.

U-S-A!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Jim Laczkowski said...

I bet you miss Pat and Ron. Those dudes got me excited about the Cubs again. Got me through my last job while all I did was drive all day.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Anything would be better than Len & Bob. They're okay, but a little annoying. Len Casper sounds like a muppet to me. We bought the MLB package on DirecTV, so half the time it's Len & Bob, and the other half it's the other team's feed; and I honestly don't mind hearing the other teams' broadcasters most of the time.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like len and bob. i guess it's an inside joke between me and ate, the "it will change your life" thing. it's one of her "alias is coming on our way" thingies. i can explain later i guess. go cubbies!

g

Thursday, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Clint said...

Haha, yeah. She expresses herself the best she knows how. Isn't that good enough?

And I think you should keep the "go cubbies" stuff on the down-low until they prove their worth.

Thursday, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter